What is the GHA PTSA?
A PTSA is a partnership between parents, teachers and students who strive to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of the students within the school. It is also a forum for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions about what is happening in their school.
A common misconception about the GHA PTSA is that all they do is organize fundraisers and school events. Fundraising is an important and integral part of the GHA PTSA. The funds raised by GHA PTSA help support many needed programs within the school. But, you don't have to like or be good at fundraising to participate in the GHA PTSA. By being a member of and attending GHA PTSA meetings you provide a voice as to how the funds that are raised should be spent within our school.
Why should you join the GHA PTSA?
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The GHA PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. GHA PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns and experiences.
- Watch yourself Grow. By volunteering with your GHA PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause--your child and all children in the GHA community.
- Speak Up. GHA PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at GHA.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at GHA, you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. We play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a GHA PTSA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on their education at GHA.
- You will receive a 15-20% discount on all products sold by the PTSA
GHA PTSA Family membership is $36 for 2013-14